You have the right to:
- Know how the funds of an organization are being spent.
- Know what the programs you support are accomplishing.
- Know that the organization is in compliance with federal, state, and municipal laws.
- Restrict or designate your gifts to a particular project.
- A response to your inquiries about finances and programs.
- Visit offices and program sites of an organization to talk personally with the staff.
- Not be high-pressured into giving to any organization.
- Know that the organization is well-managed.
- Know that there is a responsible governing board and who those board members are.
- Know that all appeals for funds are truthful and accurate.